Pure Motivation

To Motivate

Our Brothers and Sisters Only Groups have now been made private. If you wish to join you must click on the usergroup link and apply.
Top posters
zaharah (1191)

dangata (623)

sister harb (538)

nazleen (506)

Aisha (368)

EbonyRose (352)

Full of hopes (172)

Mila (144)

Tabu (108)

sadiq (97)

Latest topics
» Tawheed In Summary.
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:14 pm by Abu Zainab

» Inspiration For Excellent Action.
Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:52 pm by Abu Zainab

» Welcome to the Daily Grind where you can unwind
Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:12 pm by sister harb

» Remembering Death.
Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:37 am by Abu Zainab

»  Just A Minute !!
Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 pm by Abu Zainab

» His Heart Never Sleeps.
Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Of Scrupulousness and Little Laughter.
Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 pm by Abu Zainab

» Do You Know The Qur'an?
Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Signs Of The Sweetness Of Imaan.
Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm by Abu Zainab

» Seeking The Beloved.
Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm by Abu Zainab

» Mind That Food and Drink.
Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:18 pm by Abu Zainab

» ALLAH: The Supreme Name.
Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:02 pm by Abu Zainab

» Tawbah is Obligatory.
Thu May 12, 2016 11:42 am by Abu Zainab

» Cookie Pizza
Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 am by sister harb

» Prophethood As A Circle.
Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am by Abu Zainab

» Benefit of Turmeric
Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:22 pm by zaharah

» Banana milkshake
Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:15 pm by zaharah

» Never give up on your Deen
Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:02 pm by Admin

» So Comforting!!
Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:10 pm by Abu Zainab

» Absolute Existence Of Allah and Our Non-Existence.
Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:41 am by Abu Zainab

» Consider These Ahadith..
Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:21 am by Abu Zainab

»  Shaykh Abu Hamid al-Ghazali's Counsel.
Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:18 am by Abu Zainab

» The Sunnah In Crying.
Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:01 pm by Abu Zainab

»  And Muhammad is His Messenger.
Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:49 pm by Abu Zainab

» Guest Book/الترحيب بالضيوف
Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:34 pm by sister harb

» Afghan Sweets
Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:22 pm by sister harb

» Homemade Chocolate & Coconut Bars
Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:21 pm by sister harb

» Bengali Coconut Ladoos
Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:19 pm by sister harb

» Almond Toffee
Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:18 pm by sister harb

» Dont Abandon The Quran | Nouman Ali Khan | illustrated
Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:45 pm by sadiq

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pure Motivation » General Discussion » Islam/ إسلام » Quran & Sunnah » Explainaions of surahs

Explainaions of surahs

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Explainaions of surahs on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:13 am

dangata

Explanation of soorah An-Nasr

The verses:

In the name of Allaah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

Almighty Allaah Says (what means): "When the victory of Allaah has come and the conquest [of Makkah]. And you see the people entering into the religion of Allaah in multitudes. Then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance." [Quran: 110:1-4]

Explanation:

Imaam At-Tirmithi related from Anas Ibn Maalik that the Messenger once asked a man: "Are you married?" He replied: "No, I swear by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah! For I have nothing, so how can I marry?" He asked the man: "Do you not have: "Say: `He is Allaah, the One."'[i.e., Soorah Al-Ikhlaas]?" The man replied: "Certainly!" He said: "It is (equivalent to) one third of the Quran." Then he asked: "Do you not have: "When the victory of Allaah has come and the conquest [of Makkah]" [i.e., Soorah An-Nasr]?" The man replied: "Certainly!" The Prophet then said: "It is (equivalent to) one quarter of the Quran."

`Ubaydullaah Ibn `Abdullaah Ibn `Utbah narrated that Ibn `Abbaas said to him: "Do you know which Soorah (chapter) was the last to be revealed from the Quran?" I replied: "Yes, and it was (what means): "When the victory of Allaah has come and the conquest [of Makkah]."" He said: "You are right."

Abu Bakr Al-Bazzaar and Al-Bayhaqi both narrated from Ibn `Umar that he said: "This Soorah was revealed to the Messenger of Allaah during the days of Tashreeq (i.e., the 11th, 12th and 13th of Thu'l-Hijjah) and he knew that it was his farewell address. He called for his riding-camel, and when he had travelled some way on it, he stood and addressed the people with his famous farewell speech. According to Imaam Al-Bayhaqi Ibn `Abbaas said: "This Soorah was revealed, following which the Messenger of Allaah summoned his daughter Faatimah and said to her: "It heralds my death." At this, Faatimah began to cry; but she laughed when he said: "Have Patience, for you are the first of my family who will join me." [Muslim]

Imaam At-Tabaraani related on the authority of Ibn `Abbaas that he said: "When the Soorah: "When the victory of Allaah has come and the conquest [of Makkah]." was revealed, it heralded to Allaah's Messenger that his death was near, and so he intensified his preparations for the Hereafter (by increasing his prayers, fasting, supplicating etc.); after embarking upon this, he said: "The conquest and the help of Allaah have come, and the people of Yemen have come." A man asked: "O Messenger of Allaah! Who are the people of Yemen?" He replied: "A people who are gentle-hearted and moderate in their ways: faith is in Yemen; fiqh (understanding of Islam) is in Yemen." [Al-Bukhaari]

It has been confirmed from Ibn `Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah said on the day of the conquest of Makkah: "There is no Hijrah (i.e. emigration) after the conquest, but there is Jihaad and Niyyah (pure intention) and if you are called upon, then respond to the call." [Al-Bukhaari & Muslim]

Masrooq said: "I heard `Aa'ishah saying that the Messenger of Allaah would repeat: "Glorified be Allaah and all praise be to Him, I ask Allaah's forgiveness and I turn to Him in repentance." He continued: "Indeed, my Lord has informed me that I will see a sign amongst my people, and He ordered me, if I do see it, to glorify His praises and ask His forgiveness, and I have seen it, (it is): 'When the victory of Allaah has come and the conquest [of Makkah]. And you see the people entering into the religion of Allaah in multitudes. Then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance.'"" [Muslim]

Umm Salamah said: "Towards the end of his life, the Messenger of Allaah would not stand, nor sit, nor depart, nor arrive, without saying: "Most Glorified is Allaah and all praise is due to Him." So I said to him: "O Messenger of Allaah! I have observed you frequently glorifying Allaah and praising Him." He said: "I was ordered to do it." Then he said: "When the victory of Allaah has come and the conquest [of Makkah]..." (to the end of the Soorah)." What is meant by 'the conquest' is the conquest of Makkah. The people of Arabia were slow in answering the call to Islam until the fall of Makkah, then they entered the Religion of Allaah in crowds and within two years, the whole of Arabia became unified in faith and all the tribes of Arabia embraced Islam.

Imaam Al-Bukhaari reported that when Makkah was conquered, delegations from all the tribes of Arabia came to the Messenger of Allaah to declare their allegiance to Islam, while prior to it, they were slow to embrace Islam.

Imam Ahmad narrated on the authority of the neighbour of Jaabir Ibn `Abdullaah may Allaah be pleased him that he (i.e., the neighbour) said: "I once returned from a journey and Jaabir Ibn `Abdullaah came to me and greeted me. I began to talk with him about the disunity of the people and their innovations (in religion). Jaabir then began to cry and said: "I heard Allaah's Messenger say: "Indeed, the people entered the Religion of Allaah in crowds and they will abandon it in crowds."

2 Re: Explainaions of surahs on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:14 am

dangata

The Soorah

In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful:

Allaah Says (what means): "Say: 'I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak. From the evil of that which He created. And from the evil of darkness when it settles. And from the evil of the blowers in knots. And from the evil of an envier when he envies.'" [Quran 113:1-5]

Explanation

1."Say: 'I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak."

Jaabir said that Falaq means morning. Ibn 'Abbaas said that Falaq means creation. Ka'b Al-Ahbar said that Falaq is a place in Hell - when its gate is opened, all the inmates of Hell cry out because of the intensity of its heat. Imaams Ibn Jareer and Al-Bukhaari said that it means morning, and this view seems reasonable. Allaah directs believers to seek refuge in the Lord of the Falaq.

2. "From the evil of that which He created."

Meaning, to seek refuge from the evil that He (i.e., Allaah Almighty) created. His creation includes Hell, Iblees (Satan) and his offspring, and other evil things.

3. "And from the evil of Ghaasiq (darkness) when it settles."

One should seek refuge from the evil of nightfall. According to Ibn Zayd, the Arabs termed the setting of the Pleiades star as 'Ghaasiq' and believed that after its setting and at its rising, disease increases and spreads. Some commentators say that the word Ghaasiq means moon. They base their argument on a Hadeeth (narration) where the Prophet once held the hand of 'Aa'ishah and pointed to the moon, saying: "Seek refuge from the evil of this Ghaasiq." [Ahmad] However, the rising of the moon and the appearance of the stars are things that happen at night.

4. "And from the evil of the blowers in knots."

5. "And from the evil of an envier when he envies."

"…The blowers in knots…" refers to sorcerers. Mujaahid said: "(It is) when they make their incantations and blow on the knots." Ibn Jareer quoted Ibn Taawwoos as saying, on the authority of his father: "There is nothing closer to Shirk (polytheism) than those incantations used as a protection from snakes and insanity, etc." Such incantations are made to blow on a snake bite or magic-stricken man. A Hadeeth says that Jibreel once came to the Prophet and asked: "O Muhammad! Are you sick?" When the Prophet replied in the affirmative, he said: "Invoke the Name of Allaah against every disease that pains you, against the evil of every envier and against any evil eye. May Allaah heal you." The disease referred to in this Hadeeth was probably a magic spell. Allaah then healed His Messenger and repelled that magic.

Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal reported that a Jew bewitched the Prophet who remained under its spell for several days. Then Jibreel, peace be upon him, came to him and informed him that such and such a Jew had bewitched him and had hidden a knotted rope down such and such a well and asked him to send somebody to get it. When the Prophet received it, he untied the knots, and the spell was broken. He never mentioned it to that Jew nor showed him any anger.

'Aa'ishah narrated: "Once when the Prophet was under a magic spell, he thought that he had come to his wives while he had not done so. Once, he said to me: "I asked my Lord and He showed me. Two persons came and one sat near my head and the other near my legs. The man sitting near my head asked the other: 'What has happened to this man.' He replied: 'He is under a spell.' (The first) asked: 'Who bewitched him?' (The second) answered: 'Labeed Ibn Al-A'sam from the Banu Zurayq tribe. They are allies of the Jews.' The (first) man asked: 'What was the item used for charming?' The other answered: 'The comb and the hair.' (The first) asked: 'Where are those things?' The other answered: 'In the well of Dharwan, under a rock."' The Prophet sent 'Ali to the well and had the things dug out. I ('Aa'ishah) suggested that the magician should be punished. The Prophet replied: "All praise is due to Allaah who healed me; I do not like to incite people for myself." [Al- Bukhaari]

source islamweb.com

3 Re: Explainaions of surahs on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:14 am

dangata

The verses:

Almighty Allaah Says (what means): "For the accustomed security of the Quraysh – Their accustomed security [in] the caravan of winter and summer – Let them worship the Lord of this House, Who has fed them, [saving them] from hunger and made them safe, [saving them] from fear." [Quran: 106: 1-4]

Explanation:

Muhammad Ibn Is-haaq and `Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Zayd Ibn Aslam said that this Quranic chapter is connected to the previous one, Al-Feel (The Elephant), because they both assert that Allaah the Exalted protected Makkah from the elephant and destroyed the People of the Elephant for the accustomed security of Quraysh (the main Makkan tribe) and their community in their city, in safety.

It was also said that they were accustomed to travelling in caravans to Yemen in winter and to Syria in summer for trade and other purposes, and that they would return to their city in safety without hindrance because of their privileged status as the custodians of the Sacred House of Allaah, and that whoever recognised them would respect them and travel with them in order to protect them. This was their situation, both in winter and in summer.

According to Imaam Ibn Jareer the correct explanation of this verse is that Allaah is saying, in other words: "Be amazed at the taming of Quraysh and My Blessings upon them," because the consensus of Muslim opinion is that they are two separate Soorahs (Quranic chapters), independent of each other. Then Allaah indicates to them the obligation of expressing thanks and gratitude to Him by worshipping Him Alone, Saying (what means): "Let them worship the Lord of this House." [Quran 106: 1-3]

That is, worship the One True Deity, Who has made their lives and their city safe and inviolate, as in the Words of Him, the Most High, which mean: "…I [Muhammad] have only been commanded to worship the Lord of this city, who made it sacred and to whom [belongs] all things. And I am commanded to be of the Muslims [i.e., those who submit to Allaah]." [Quran27:91]

"Who has fed them, [saving them] from hunger…" [Meaning of the first part of verse 4 of the chapter] That is, He is the Lord of the House and it is He who has fed them against hunger.

"…And made them safe, [saving them] from fear." [Meaning of the second part of verse 4] Meaning that He has preferred them over other communities by granting them safety from fear, so let them then worship Him alone, without associating any partners with Him, without worshipping graven images or setting up equals to Him; and whoever responds positively to this command, Allaah will grant him the best in this life and in the Hereafter, while whoever disobeys Him will receive neither, as Allaah the Exalted Says (what means): "And Allaah presents an example: a city [i.e., Makkah] which was safe and secure, its provision coming to it in abundance from every location, but it denied the favours of Allaah. So Allaah made it taste the envelopment of hunger and fear for what they had been doing. And there had certainly come to them a Messenger from among themselves, but they denied him; so punishment overtook them while they were wrongdoers." [Quran 16: 112-113]

Asmaa' Bint Yazeed said: "I heard the Messenger of Allaah say: "Woe to you O Quraysh! For the accustomed security of Quraysh". [Ibn Abu Haatim]

Source: Tafseer Ibn Katheer – 'Juz' Amma'

4 Re: Explainaions of surahs on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:15 am

dangata

Foreword

The Companion Ubayy bin Ka’b narrated that the Prophet once said: “O Abu Munthir (i.e., Ubayy)! Do you know what the greatest verse of the Quran is?" He responded: “Allaah and His Messenger know best." He then asked (again): “O Abu Munthir! Do you know what the greatest verse of the Quran is?" He then responded: “Allaahu Laa Ilaaha illaa Huwa Al-Hayyul-Qayyoom.” [Quran 2:255] Thereupon, he tapped him on his chest and said: “O Abu Munthir! May Allaah nourish you with knowledge!” [Muslim]

This Aayah (verse), which is called 'Aayat Al-Kursee' (the 'Verse of the Footstool'), is the greatest of Quranic verses and is often mistranslated as the 'Verse of the Throne.’ Allaah has a Footstool and a Throne, and they are not one and the same thing. In an authentic Hadeeth (prophetic statement), we find that the heavens and the earths are, compared to the Footstool, as a finger band (ring) is to the desert (i.e. in size), and that the Footstool is to the Throne as a finger band (ring) is to the desert. [Ibn Hibbaan]

The Aayah

This is the English transliteration of the Aayah: “Allaahu Laa ilaaha illaa Huwa Al Hayyu Al-Qayyoom; Laa ta’khuthuhu sinatuw wa laa nawm; Lahu maa fissamaawaati wa maa fil-ardh; Man thallathee yashfa’u ‘indahu illaa bi 'ithnihi; Ya’lamu maa bayna aydeehim wa maa khalfahum; Wa laa yuheetoona bi shay’in min ‘ilmihi illaa bima shaa’a; wasi’a Kursiyyuhus-samaawaati wal-ardha; Wa laa ya‘ooduhu hifthuhuma; Wa huwa al-‘Aliyyu al-‘atheem." [Quran 2:255]

Comments

This verse is recited by Muslims throughout the world after obligatory prayers, before going to bed, as a protection from Shaytaan (Satan), etc.

(a) “Allaahu Laa ilaaha illaa Huwa (Allaah – there is no deity except Him)."

Allaah begins this Magnificent verse speaking of Himself. ‘Allaah’ is the greatest of Allaah’s Names. He is the Lord and God and has the Most Superior Names and Attributes. The scholars differ about the construction and definition of this auspicious and beautiful word. However, they all unanimously agree that this name must not be disrespected in the least.

The name ‘Allaah’ had never been used by anyone, neither in the pre-Islamic period, nor for centuries after the advent of Islaam, to describe a person. It is only recently that some have had the audacity to call themselves Allaah, viz. the so called 'Nation of Islam', the 'Five Percenters', and others. There have been others throughout history who have claimed to be Allaah, or to possess His attributes, or have taken for themselves some of His other names like Ar-Rahmaan (The Most Merciful) or Al-Haqq (The Truth) but never, until recently, have people gone so far as to take the name Allaah for themselves.

Throughout revelation, it is often repeated that Allaah is the only one to be worshipped. Perhaps the most referenced in this regard is that which means: “And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” [Quran: 51:56]

(b) “Al-Hayy Al-Qayyoom (The Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence).”

These two names of Allaah are paired together in three different places in the Quran [2:225, 3:2, & 20:111]. One shows the perfection of the attributes themselves and the other shows the perfection of the actions of Allaah. Al-Hayy signifies the possessor of complete life - which means Eternal, Self-subsisting, Independent, and Everlasting. Al-Qayyoom means that Allaah stands and exists on His own. He is Self-Subsisting and the Sustainer of all creations. He has no beginning and no end. Abu Umaamah who was a companion of the Prophet said that if one was to mention these two names in our supplications, they will never be rejected.

(c) “Laa ta’khuthuhu sinatuw wa laa nawm (Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep)."

Allaah's Attributes of Thaatiyyah (pertaining to Himself) are categorised into two types: the 'affirmed' and the 'negated'. These (slumber and sleep) are two qualities that He negates or denies for Himself. This confirms that He is Al-Hayy and Al-Qayyoom: The Forever Living, the Ever-Standing and the Eternal.

The wording and expression of this phrase shows the deep, immense and extreme wisdom of Allaah. He is Al-‘Aleem: the All-Knowing; Al-Hakeem: the All-Wise, and He could have Said 'Laa yanaam' – meaning 'He does not sleep'. But Allaah did not use this wording, rather, He uses: “Laa ta’khuthuhu sinatuw wa laa nawm (Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep)." This is because overtaking or seizure encompasses seizure by force and seizure by choice. If Allaah were to Say that He does not sleep, we already know that Allaah is not forced to go to sleep, but it could have been implied that Allaah, by His choice, does sleep; but these words confirm that He is not overtaken by sleep and nor does He choose to sleep. Neither by force nor by choice does Allaah ever sleep!

Furthermore, the prelude to sleep (slumber, fatigue, drowsiness, etc), also do not seize or overtake Allaah. If Allaah were to have this quality, it would show a defect in Him (far Exalted and Sublime is He from that). As for humans, this quality is a physical necessity, for Allaah Says what means: “And [We] made your sleep [a means for] rest.” [Quran: 78:9]

As for Allaah, denying slumber and sleep for Himself is a demonstration of His perfection.

(d) “Lahu maa fis-samaawaati wa maa fil-ardh (To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth).”

This phrase shows the tremendous Ownership of Allaah. Ownership is part of the belief of Allaah’s Lordship. Allaah owns everything absolutely, and what we possess is a trust from Him.

Someone may say that he owns his limbs, but this is not absolute. For instance, we cannot look at whatever we want. We cannot touch whatever we wish. We cannot eat whatever we like, etc.

Allaah owns all that is wet and dry, high and low, visible and invisible, dead or alive – He owns everything. He owns the universe with no partners whatsoever.

(e) “Man thaallathee yashfa’u ‘indahu illaa bi ‘ithnihi (Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission?)"

All humans, black or white, rich or poor, Muslim or non-Muslim, Arab or non-Arab, etc., will be restrained on the Day of Judgement, thereby, causing them to look for intercession with their Lord.

Intercession is a mercy from Allaah to His creatures – and something we should appreciate greatly. There are a lot of misconceptions prevalent about intercession, and the opportunity will not be taken at this time to address them. However, a few words will be mentioned about this divine act of compassion.

On the Day of Judgement, only certain people will be able to intercede for others and they can only do this by Allaah’s permission: the Prophets, may Allaah exalt their mention, the pious, martyrs and angels. Not everyone can be interceded for: it is only Muslims who can be interceded for, regardless of who asks or wishes to ask for it. Prophet Muhammad will not be able to make a plea for his mother, nor Ibraaheem for his father, nor Nooh for his son, etc.

Source: Al-Huda Magazine, Rabee’ Al-Awwal 1415 A.H.

5 Re: Explainaions of surahs on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:19 am

dangata

Explanation of soorah Al-Kawthar

The verses:

In the name of Allaah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

Almighty Allaah Says (what means): "Indeed, We have granted you, [O Muhammad], Al-Kawthar. So pray to your Lord and sacrifice [to Him alone]. Indeed, your enemy is the one cut off". [Quran: 108:1-3]

Explanation

It is narrated that Anas bin Maalik said: "(Once), the Messenger of Allaah was dozing; then, he raised his head and smiled, then, either he said to them (his companions), or they asked him: "Why did you smile?" He replied: "Indeed, a Soorah (Quranic chapter) has (just) been revealed to me." Then he recited (what means): "In the Name of Allaah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful, verily, We have given you Al-Kawthar..." to the end of the Soorah. Then he asked: "Do you know what Al-Kawthar is?" They replied: "Allaah and His Messenger know best." He said: "It is a river in Paradise granted to me by my Lord, the Almighty and All-Powerful, in which is great goodness; its drinking vessels are as (numerous as) the heavenly bodies. It will refuse to allow one of the slaves to drink, and I (i.e., the Prophet ) will say: 'O my Lord! He is one among my community.' But it will be said to me: 'You know nothing of the innovations (in religion) that they practiced after you.'"

It has been narrated about the Al-Kawthar pool that it has two streams running into it from the heavens which emanate from the famous Al-Kawthar river (The name Al-Kawthar has been reported to refer to the river as well as the pool of the Prophet ). Its drinking vessels are as numerous as the stars in the sky. [Muslim, Abu Daawood & An-Nasaa'i]

As for the saying of Allaah which means: "Indeed, We have granted you, [O Muhammad], Al-Kawthar" [Quran 108:1] it has already been mentioned that Al-Kawthar is a river in Paradise; Imaam Ahmad narrated on he authority of Anas that he recited this Soorah and then said: "The Messenger of Allaah said: "I have been given Al-Kawthar, a flowing river in Paradise which does not flow along a normal channel, rather, its banks are domes of pearl. I struck its earth with my hand and it was a strong-smelling musk, and its pebbles were pearls."

Imaam Ibn Jareer narrated on the authority of Anas that he asked the Messenger of Allaah about Al-Kawthar and that he replied: "It is a river in Paradise, given to me by my Lord, whose colour is whiter than milk and whose taste is sweeter than honey; upon it are birds whose necks are like those of camels." 'Umar said: "O Messenger of Allaah! They (i.e., the birds) seem so blissful!" He replied: "He who eats from them is more blissful (in luxury) than them O 'Umar!"

"So pray to your Lord and sacrifice [to Him alone]." [Quran 108:2] That is, since We have given you such blessings in this world, and in the Hereafter, including the river described previously, then devote your obligatory and optional prayers to your Lord alone; likewise, your sacrifices and all your other acts of worship. Worship Allaah Alone, without associating partners with Him, as in the saying of Allaah (which means): "Say: `Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allaah, Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims.'" [Quran 6:162-163]

Ibn `Abbaas, `Ataa', `Ikrimah, Mujaahid and Al-Hasan are all agreed that the word Sacrifice here means Halaal (Islamic) slaughter. Most of the scholars from amongst the pious Salaf (early Muslim generations) agreed on this and it is contrary to the practices of the idolaters, who prostrated themselves before false gods and sacrificed animals in their name. Allaah, the Most High Says (what means): "And do not eat of that upon which the name of Allaah has not been mentioned…" [Quran: 6:121]

"Indeed, your enemy is the one cut off". [Quran 108:3] That is, the one who hates you O Muhammad and hates that which you have brought (i.e. the Message of Islam) is defective, insignificant, despised and is cut off (from remembrance).

According to Ibn `Abbaas, Mujaahid, Sa'eed Ibn Jubayr and Qataadah this Soorah was revealed in regard to Al-'Aas bin Waa'il, who used to say, whenever Allaah's Messenger was mentioned: "Leave him, for he is a man who is cut off and is of no consequence, and if he were killed, he would be forgotten." Therefore, Allaah revealed this Soorah.

It was also said that it was revealed concerning 'Uqbah bin Abu Mu'eet, Ibn `Abbaas and `Ikrimah said that it was revealed in regard to Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf and a number of the pagans of Quraysh (the largest Makkan tribe). Al-Bazzaar reported that Ka'b Ibn Al-Ashraf approached Makkah and the people of Quraysh said: "You are their leader (i.e. the people of Makkah). Do you not see this weak, feeble, despised man (Muhammad ) who is without family or any who might help him and who is cut off from his own people? He claims that he is better than we! We are the people of (the House of) the pilgrims, the custodians (of the Ka`bah), the suppliers of water (to the pilgrims)." So Ka'b said: "You are better than he" and Allaah therefore revealed this Soorah. This is an authentic narration.

`Ataa' said that it was revealed concerning Abu Lahab (the Prophet's disbelieving uncle); this was when the Prophet's son died and Abu Lahab went to the polytheists and said: "When his sons die, he will no longer be remembered." Far from that! On the contrary, Allaah has preserved his memory for the entire world to witness and has placed the responsibility of (implementing) His Revealed Law upon their shoulders forever, until the Day of Congregation (Doomsday).

6 Re: Explainaions of surahs on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 am

dangata

The explanation of Chapter Az-Zalzalah (The Earthquake

In the Name of Allaah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
1. When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake
2. And the earth discharges its burdens
3. And man says, "What is wrong with it?" -
4. That Day, it will report its news
5. Because your Lord has inspired [i.e. commanded] it
6. That Day, the people will depart separated [into categories], to be shown [the result of] their deeds
7. So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it,
8. And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it.

Explanation:
"When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake"
Ibn 'Abbaas said that it means: "When the earth moves from beneath its surface."
"And the earth discharges its burdens"
That is, when it throws out its dead. This is said by many, like the Words of Allaah (which mean):"O mankind, fear your Lord. Indeed, the convulsion of the [final] Hour is a terrible thing."[Quran 22:1], and:
"And when the earth has been extended, and has cast out that within it and relinquished [it]." [Quran 84:3-4] It is narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah said: "The earth will throw out what is hidden within it, such as columns of gold and silver, and the murderer will say: 'For this I committed murder.' Then the one who severed family ties will say: 'For this I severed relations.' Then the thief will come and say: 'For this was my hand cut.' Then they will leave it and not take anything from it."[Muslim and At-Tirmithi]
"And man says, 'What is wrong with it?'" -
That is, in bewilderment, he cries out: "What is happening to the earth, which previously was fixed, firm and peaceful and is now moving in convulsions under its surface?" It does so by the Command of Allaah, the Most High. Then it throws out all of its dead from the first generation to the last, and at this time man cries out in astonishment: "What is wrong with it?"
"That Day, it will report its news"
That is, it will speak about the actions of those whom it has thrown forth. It is narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah that he said: "The Messenger of Allaah read the verse (which means): "That Day, it will report its news," then he said: "Do you know what the news are?" We (the listening companions) replied: "Allaah and His Messenger know best." He said: "Verily, (they) are that it will testify concerning every slave, male and female, about what they did on its surface, that it will say: 'He did this and this on such-and-such a day.' - Those are its news." [Imaam Ahmad]
"Because your Lord has inspired [i.e. commanded] it"
Mujaahid said it means that Allaah will command the earth to give its tidings.
"That Day, the people will depart separated [into categories], to be shown [the result of] their deeds,"
That is, they will proceed to the place of reckoning in scattered groups, according to their type, ranging from the most abjectly wretched to the joyful, having been ordered to proceed to Hell or Paradise.
"to be shown [the result of] their deeds".
To confirm what they did in their earthly life, whether good or bad, as Allaah says (what means): "So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it, and whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it."
It is narrated on the authority of 'Adiy Ibn Haatim that the Messenger of Allaah said: "Fear the Fire even if it were by (giving) a portion of a date or by (saying) a good word. Do not despise any act of kindness, even if it were to fill the drinking vessel of a thirsty person from your bucket, or to meet your brother face-to-face and smile at him." [Al-Bukhaari]
Also narrated by Al-Bukhaari is: "O community of believing women! Let not the woman neighbour despise her woman neighbour, even if it were by (giving her) a sheep's trotter." In another authentic narration, he said: "Respond to the one who asks (for assistance) even if it were with only a burnt trotter." It is narrated on the authority of 'Amr Ibn Al-'Aas that he said: "When the Soorah (Quranic chapter), "When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake" was revealed, Abu Bakr who was sitting with the Prophet began to cry. The Messenger of Allaah asked him: "What makes you cry, O, Abu Bakr?" Abu Bakr replied: 'This Soorah makes me cry.' Then the Messenger of Allaah said: "Even if you did not err and commit sins that Allaah might forgive you, He would have created another community who erred and committed sins that He might forgive them."[Muslim]
"So whoever does an atom's weight…" That is, the most insignificant weight - less than an ant.
"… of good will see it."
That is, he shall see it recorded in the book given to him on the Day of Judgment, and he will be pleased with that: Every sinful act, every charitable deed is recorded therein. Every bad deed will be recompensed as one deed, while every good deed will be recompensed ten times over. Whoever has more good deeds than bad will enter Paradise.
The Messenger of Allaah said:
"Beware of the minor sins, because they will build up over a man until they destroy him." [Ahmad]
Anas said: "The Messenger of Allaah said: "Say: 'He is Allaah, One." is equal to one-third of the Quran and "When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake" is equivalent to one-quarter of the Quran." [Al-Bazzaar] It is also reported on the authority of Anas Ibn Maalik '' that Allaah's Messenger said to a man: "Have you married, O, so-and-so?" He replied: "No, by Allaah! I have not the wherewithal, how may I marry?" The Messenger said: "…Do you not have When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake?" The man replied: "Certainly!" The Prophet said: "(It is) one-quarter of the Quran: Marry!" [At-Tirmithi

7 Re: Explainaions of surahs on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 am

dangata

Explanation of Soorah al-Maa'oon\

The verses:

Almighty Allaah Says (what means): "Have you seen the one who denies the Recompense? For that is the one who drives away the orphan. And does not encourage the feeding of the poor. So woe to those who pray. [But] are heedless of their prayer – Those who make show [of their deeds]. And withhold [simple] assistance." [Quran 107: 1-7]

Explanation:

"Have you seen the one who denies the Recompense?" [Quran107:1] Here, Allaah the Most High asks His Messenger if he has seen the one who rejects the Deen - that is, the Appointed Time, the Requital and the Reward.

"For that is the one who drives away the orphan." [Quran 107:2] That is, he coerces and oppresses the orphan, denying him his rights, and refusing to feed him, or give him any aid.

"And does not encourage the feeding of the poor." [Quran 107:3] As Allaah Says (what means): "No! But you do not honour the orphan, And you do not encourage one another to feed the poor." [Quran 89: 17-18] That is, the one in need, who has nothing, he does not support or maintain him, or attend to his needs.

"So woe to those who pray. [But] are heedless of their prayer." [Quran 107:4-5] According to Ibn `Abbaas and others, this verse refers to the hypocrites who pray in public but not in private, and for this reason Allaah Says (what means): "…to those who pray" who are among those who pray, but does not mean everyone who prays. These people, at first, are steadfast in their prayers, then they become neglectful of them either entirely, as stated by Ibn `Abbaas or they become careless about praying on time until they pray after the prescribed time. `Ataa' said: "All praise is due to Allaah who Says (what means): "…heedless of their prayer" rather than neglectful in their prayers." However, this verse is comprehensive and covers both meanings. Whoever is neglectful by delaying his prayers, is careless in implementing the prescribed Sunnahs (recommended supererogatory acts) in prayer, fulfilling its conditions, or does not pray with a fitting sense of humility and does not reflect on the meaning may be considered a hypocrite in his actions as confirmed by the Hadeeth (Prophetic saying) that the Messenger of Allaah said: "This is the prayer of the hypocrite, this is the prayer of the hypocrite: He sits and observes the sun until it is between the horns of Satan (about to set), then he quickly prays four Rak'ahs (units of prayer) in which he barely mentions Allaah." [Al-Bukhaari & Muslim]

The prayer referred to is the 'Asr (afternoon) prayer and the delay is until the end of the permitted time which is a time at which it is despised to offer prayers, when the hypocrite rapidly performs his prayer (so that his movements resemble the rapid pecking of a chicken), hastily, without a fitting sense of humility. Likewise, the one who prays in order to be seen by others, and not to gain the pleasure of Allaah, is like the one who doesn't pray at all. Allaah Says (what means): "Indeed, the hypocrites [think to] deceive Allaah, but He is deceiving them. And when they stand for prayer, they stand lazily, showing [themselves to] the people and not remembering Allaah except a little." [Quran 4:142] While Allaah says here what means: "…Who are heedless of their prayer." [Quran 107:5]

Imaam At-Tabaraani stated: "The Messenger of Allaah said: "Indeed, in Hell there is a valley (which is so terrible) that the Hellfire wishes, four hundred times a day, that it were not a part of it. It has been prepared for those among the community of Muhammad who perform deeds in order to be seen doing them..."

Imam Ahmad narrated that the Messenger of Allaah said: "Whoever performs a (good) deed in order to gain a good reputation, Allaah will make him despised and degraded." However, if a person sincerely performs a good deed, solely for the sake of Allaah, that happens to be seen by others and it pleases them, there is no sin for him in this, and the proof for this is the narration of Abu Hurayrah who said: "I was praying once when a man entered (the mosque), and this pleased me, so I told the Messenger of Allaah about it, and he said: "Two rewards have been written for you - the reward of praying in secret and the reward of being seen."

Imaam Ibn Jareer said that the Messenger of Allaah said that: "Those "Who are heedless of their prayer" are those who delay their prayers and do not pray them at the right time." Delaying the prayer may simply mean praying it late, or it may mean not praying it at all, or it may mean delaying the prayer until the prescribed time has expired.

"And withhold [simple] assistance." [Quran 107:7]

These people do not behave well in worship, nor do they behave well towards their fellow men; they will not even lend to those in need, though it would be returned to them, nor do they like to pay Zakaah (obligatory alms) or other forms of charity. Ibn Abu Nujayh said that `Ali said that the word Al-Maa'oon means Zakaah, and this was also related by Imaam As-Suddi may Allaah have mercy on him. This was also attributed by more than one person to Ibn `Umar .

Many narrations suggest that the word is more general than this and even includes things commonly shared, such as buckets, spades and axes, etc. It is narrated that the Messenger of Allaah was asked what Al-Maa`oon is, to which he replied: "The stone (i.e. pots and pans, etc.), the iron (i.e. axes, spades etc.) and all such things."

8 Re: Explainaions of surahs on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:21 am

dangata

The explanation of Chapter Al-Humazah

The Soorah (Quraanic chapter) Al-Humazah (The Mocker) [No. 104] is one of the short Chapters of the thirtieth part of the Noble Quran. Herein is its explanation extracted from 'Tafseer Ibn Katheer', which is one of the most reliable books of Tafseer (interpretation).

The text of the chapter:
In the name of Allaah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
1. Woe to every scorner and mocker
2. Who collects wealth and [continuously] counts it.
3. He thinks that his wealth will make him immortal.
4. No! He will surely be thrown into the Crusher.
5. And what can make you know what is the Crusher?
6. It is the fire of Allaah, [eternally] fueled,
7. Which mounts directed at the hearts.
8. Indeed, it [i.e. Hellfire] will be closed down upon them
9. In extended columns
The explanation:
"Woe to every scorner and mocker"
That is, who holds people in contempt and belittles them, as in the Words of Allaah, the Most High, which mean:"[And] scorner, going about with malicious gossip."[Quran, 68: 11] That is, according to Ibn 'Abbaas and Qataadah a backbiter who goes about amongst the people sowing dissension and discord between them, carrying tales and causing corruption. It is narrated by Al-Bukhaari and Muslim that the Messenger of Allaah was passing by two graves and he said:
"Assuredly, they are both being punished, not for a major sin, but because one of them did not clean himself after urinating and the other used to carry tales." [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]
Imam Ahmad has narrated that Hudhayfah said: "I heard the Messenger of Allaah saying: "The tale-bearer will not enter Paradise." [Muslim]
"Who collects wealth and [continuously] counts it."
That is, who hoards his money and occupies himself in counting it, like a miser, as in Allaah's Words, which mean:"And collected [wealth] and hoarded it." [Quran 70: 18] His wealth diverts him: All day he spends time counting and piling up his money and at night, he sleeps like a rotting corpse.
"He thinks that his wealth will make him immortal."
That is, he believes that his accumulated wealth will prolong his life in this world.
"No!!"
That is, the matter is in no way as he supposes.
"He will surely be thrown into the Crusher"
That is, surely, the one who piles his wealth in a miserly manner will be thrown in a crushing fire which burns up to the heart while he is still alive.
" And what can make you know what is the Crusher? It is the fire of Allaah, [eternally] fueled, which mounts directed at the hearts."
Thaabit said: "It means that it (the fire) burns them up to their hearts while they are alive." Then, he said, "The punishment reaches its climax." - At this point, Thaabit began to cry (at the thought of such a terrible torment). According to Muhammad Ibn Ka'b the fire eats away the flesh of the body until it reaches up to the heart, then it proceeds up to his throat, then it commences again with his body.
" Indeed, it [i.e. Hellfire] will be closed down upon them"
There is no escape for them from it, nor any relief since, according to Ibn 'Abbaas, the Arabic word Mu'sadah used in this verse means that it (the fire) locks all doors upon them so that there is no escape. Qataadah said it means a fire that blocks out all the light and prevents any exit from it, while Ad-Dahhaak said it means an all-encompassing fire from which there is no door by which to exit.
According to Abu 'Imraan Al-Jawni "When the Day of Resurrection comes, by Allaah's command, every tyrant, every devil and every person who used to fear people (rather than Allaah) will be fettered in irons, then Allaah will order that they be thrown into the Fire and they will be covered by it, then - by Allaah - their feet will not be able to obtain any position on the ground - ever; nor will they be able to see the sky from it, for their eyes will never be able to close in sleep, nor – by Allaah – will they taste therein any cold (refreshing) drinks – ever." [Ibn Abi Haatim]
"In extended columns"
'Atiyah Ibn 'Awfi said that it means columns of iron, while As-Suddi said, "It means columns of fire." Qataadah said that according to Ibn 'Abbas, it means the doors (of the fire) are extended. Al-'Awfi also attributes to Ibn 'Abbaas that it means that Allaah will place them in the Fire with extended columns over them, buttressed by supports to which they are chained by their necks and the doors are locked upon them. Qataadah also said: "We used to say that they are punished with columns of fire." This was the preferred explanation of Ibn Jareer while Abu Saalih said that the verse means: "In heavy shackles (which bind them)".

source www.islamweb.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum